- Preheat oven to 70°C or as low as it goes (this will just vary these roasting time).
- In a bowl mix everything together except the syrup.
- Pour onto a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until they start to colour.
- Remove from the oven and gently pour into a bowl and add the rice syrup.
- Give it a good toss with your hands and pour back onto the tray.
- Try to flatten it but have all the cashews sticking together like a thick sheet.
- Return to the oven for 3 hours until dry and no longer sticky.
- Leave to cool then roughly break up into 'clusters'.
FLAVOURS: You can pretty much 'cluster' your nuts in any flavour like! Some ideas include:
- cinnamon & nutmeg
- rosemary & cayenne pepper
- apple cider vinegar
- ginger & turmeric
- lemon & fennel