- The night before soak the following in water (leave on the bench with a plate to cover): Bowl One - Medium: Cover the almonds with water Bowl Two - Small: Cover chia seeds with water (forms a gel) Bowl Three - Large: Combine oats, raisins, pepitas, sunflower seeds, dates and cranberries.
- To make the almond milk: In the morning, drain & rinse the almonds.
- Then put approx 3/4 cup almonds at a time in a blender with water, process into a milky liquid. Empty into a jug. Repeat until you have used all the almonds.
- Strain through a nut milk bag and set aside. (Keep the pulp for chocolate or meatloaf recipes).
- To make the Chia Seed Porridge: Add chia seed gel to blender.
- Drain and rinse the oat mixture and add a little (about a third) to the blender with chia, some almond milk, dash of cinnamon, dash of ginger and a small squeeze of lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to do this in stages depending on the size of your blender.
- Reserve some of the oat/seed mixture unblended so that it adds colour and texture to the overall mixture.
- Once all stages have been completed, stir in reserved oat/seed mixture and keep porridge in a lidded Tupperware in the fridge.
To Serve Spoon chia seed porridge into bowls, top with almond milk and some fresh blueberries, banana's, strawberries etc. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.