For the Cacao Base:
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the dates, coconut oil, flax eggs and almond butter into a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Place the oats, coconut, cacao, buckwheat groats, maca and lucuma powder in a large bowl.
- Pour the blended wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Then use your hands to squeeze the mixture together to ensure you reach a sticky consistency.
- Place mixture into a loaf tin and press down firmly with damp hands until even and smooth on top. Place into the freezer.
For the Matcha Cashew Cream:
- Rinse and drain the soaked cashews and add them to the blender with all other ingredients. Blend until very smooth and creamy (1-2 minutes).
- Pour the cashew cream over the cacao base and use a spatula to spread until evenly distributed and smooth on top.
- Return to the freezer for 2 hours. Slice into bars and store back in the freezer for an ice-cream-like topping or in the fridge for a mousse-like topping. Enjoy!