- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 1-2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat a saucepan with a small amount of water. Peel and chop sweet potato into chunks, place into steamer basket and steam until very soft.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl (almond meal, cacao, buckwheat flour & spices) and stir until evenly mixed together.
- Place sweet potato into blender and blend until smooth. Add pitted dates and blend again until smooth. Add all dry ingredients and blend until thoroughly mixed together.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl & make sure no clumps of dry ingredients are remaining. If so, mix with fork or spoon.
- Using a small-medium cookie dough/ice cream scoop, ball mixture into scoop and portion out onto baking tray until no mixture is remaining.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. The outer edges will darken. Inside will remain soft and gooey. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Keep brownie bites plain or top with a dollop of vanilla/maple cashew cream and a spot of raspberry chia jam (as per recipe below).
VANILLA, MAPLE CASHEW CREAM Drain cashews in a sieve. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Optional to add 2tbsp almond milk.
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM Blend raspberries & water into puree. Pour puree into a bowl. Add chia seeds and whisk for 2 minutes until seeds begin to thicken and absorb liquid. Set aside for 15 minutes & then whisk again. Chia seeds will continue to absorb more liquid over time. Best to leave chia jam in fridge overnight to allow jam to thicken as much as possible.