- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add butter, sugar and maple syrup to a large saucepan and melt on medium heat stirring consistently. Remove from heat.
- Add oats, dates, sultanas, hazelnuts, chocolate buttons and weetbix. Mix through well.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix through well.
- Mix together separately in a bowl, eggs (slightly beaten), milk and vanilla essence. Once mixed add to other mixed ingredients.
- Press into a greased and lined shallow tin and bake in oven for 30mins or cooked through
- Allow to cool, then cut into slices and enjoy.
Note: Can be frozen and thawed when needed.
- Use raisins or cranberries instead of sultanas.
- Use peanuts, walnuts, pistachio kernels, almonds, cashews or macadamias instead of hazelnuts.
- Use shredded coconut instead of rolled oats.