- To prepare the millet and remove some of the bitterness, cover the millet with water and bring to the boil gently for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture into a sieve and rinse well. Place prepared millet back into the saucepan and the water as per the recipe above.
- Bring to the boil again, then gently simmer for 10-15mins or until the water is absorbed.
- Finally add the milk (and dried fruit if used) and cover the saucepan with lid and heat gently until the porridge absorbs the milk and is the desired consistency.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey and enjoy!