ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
3 eggs, lightly beaten
375ml (1.5 cups) almond milk
1/2 vanilla pod, split and scraped
3 drops stevia or tbsp alternative sweetener
4 cups almond meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
2+1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
2 cups 100% pure pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon coconut syrup
Sheep's Yoghurt, to serve
Optional extra strawberries, to serve
Chopped almonds, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and pop a serving plate in to warm.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, almond milk, vanilla seeds and stevia drops or sweetener. (If using stevia, be careful not to overdo it as it's 300 times sweeter than sugar and has a bitter aftertaste!)
- Place the almond meal and baking powder in a large bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and gradually add the egg mixture, stirring slowly in little circles so the almond meal doesn't clump up. Mix until you have a nice smooth batter, then add the strawberries.
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Pop 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan (the strawberries will be little lumps of pink deliciousness). If you want a thinner pancake, tilt the pan to allow the batter to spread evenly.
- Cook until the edges are beginning to crisp and air bubbles form in the centre (about 3 minutes). Flip the pancake and cook the other side for 1-3 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Place on your warming plate in the oven. Repeat with the remaining coconut oil and batter until all of your pancakes are warming in the oven.
- Pour pomegranate juice into a small saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add coconut nectar and simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is reduced, thick and syrupy. If it starts splattering and spitting then it's too hot - you just want it to be bubbling away. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 pancakes on a plate and serve with a dollop of sheep's yoghurt (if using), a few strawberries, a sprinkle of chopped almonds and a generous drizzle of pomegranate syrup! Yumbo!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.