ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
3 tsp organic virgin coconut oil
1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
25 g piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp organic turmeric powder
1 tsp organic coriander powder
1 tsp organic cumin seeds
½ tsp organic curry powder
1 cup organic coconut milk
250g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1.5–2cm dice
1 cup cooked and drained organic black beluga lentils
1–2 tbsp lime juice
½–1 tsp organic coconut sugar, or to taste
coriander leaves, to serve
- Place the coconut oil and onion in a 20 cm (8 inch) cast-iron saucepan* and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onion is nearly translucent, soft and lovely.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, turmeric, ground coriander, cumin seeds and curry powder and cook for another 2–3 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk, sweet potato and, if necessary, a little water to come just underneath the vegetables (the water should not cover the vegetables).
- Place the lid on top of the pan and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender when pierced with a knife.
- Gently stir in the cooked black lentils and stir until warmed through.
- Add the lime juice and coconut sugar to taste, then scatter with chopped coriander just before serving.
It’s important to use a saucepan no bigger than 20 cm (8 in) in diameter. This will ensure there’s enough liquid to come just below the vegetables without having to add water.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.
- Aromatic and yummy! Review by Sydney Foodie
Quality Price Value