- Place Incaberries, lemon zest & vanilla bean in a large saucepan and just cover with pear juice.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally and adding more pear juice as it is absorbed.
- Drain water, remove vanilla bean and lemon zest, then puree in food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Measure the puree and return to saucepan over a medium heat, add one cup of sugar to each cup of puree, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon juice.
- Continue to cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 90 minutes until thick.
- Best stored in a refrigerator in cling wrap.