ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
2/3 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
1 lemon (zested)
2 tbsp fresh dill (plus additional to garnish)
1 tsp himalayan sea salt
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
3/4 cup organic buckwheat flour
200 grams smoked trout (or salmon)
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
Black pepper to taste
1 free-range egg
- Whisk together the egg, milk and pepper.
- In a bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually pour egg mix into dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Fold through 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and two tablespoons of dill.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of fritter mixture into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until browned lightly underneath and bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fritters are cooked.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, adding additional coconut oil if needed. To serve, top fritters with smoked trout, remaining dill and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Tip: Serve on top of a large bed of salad leaves to turn this into a delicious main meal. Swap dill for chives if you prefer.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.