- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla and mashed banana.
- Place the milk and baking soda in a separate bowl and stir until baking soda has dissolved. Gently stir into the banana mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, coconut, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Create a well in the centre then pour in the banana mixture. Gently fold together until combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle with oats if desired. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.