- Preheat oven to 180 degress celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla in a bowl and set aside for 15 minutes to form a gel.
- Place black beans, coconut oil, coconut sugar, cocoa, salt and cayenne in a food processor and blend until well combined. Add maple syrup and chia mixture and pulse to incorporate. The batter should hold together. Remove blade from the food processor and add chocolate pieces and cranberries. Fold to incorporate.
- Spoon cookie batter onto lined baking sheet. Using the back of the spoon, flatten top of cookies slightly, as they will not spread when baking. 6. Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are browning. Cool and eat. Store in the fridge.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are browning. Cool and eat. Store in the fridge.
I tried using raw cacao powder instead of cocoa powder but they were very bitter, so if you do this I would suggest adding a sweetener. These cookies are not too sweet, they are rich and satisfying by only eating one at a time.