The Chai Room blends are made from the finest quality tea leaves and spices and designed to be either brewed on stove top or steeped in a mug of hot water. The flavours will unfold with the gentlest of brewing and therefore do not need to be steeped for a long period of time.
Whether you’re celebrating with friends, catching up with family or just in need of a quick fix, you can make a cup with ease.
STOVE TOP METHOD - FOR WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME
To make two cups of chai:
- Add 1 cup of water to a chai pot (or pan) on medium heat. Note: you can use milk in place of water at this stage if you prefer but we believe starting with water helps to maximize the flavour released by each blend.
- Add 4 heaped teaspoons of your preferred Chai Room blend Note: you may wish to use slightly less if you are using the Lemon Myrtle blend). Bring to a gentle simmer. Add additional sweetener if desired.
- Add 1 cup of milk and bring to a slow, rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a 1-2 mins before turning off the heat.
- Let the chai sit for 1 min or so then remove, strain and serve.
STEEP METHOD - QUICK AND EASY
To make one cup of chai:
- Put 2 teaspoons of your chosen blend in an infuser. Pop the infuser into your mug.
- Add boiled water until the cup is ¾ full.
- Add additional sweetener if desired.
- Steep for 2-3 mins (the longer you steep the stronger the flavour).
- Add any milk depending on preference.
ICED CHAI - A REFRESHING TWIST
To make one cup of iced chai:
- Brew 1 teaspoon of your chosen blend in boiled water for 5 mins.
- Strain and sweeten as desired.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hrs. If you are time poor, you can try pouring your brewed chai over a cup filled with ice. This will give a similar effect.
- Add any milk depending on preference and serve.