For the base:
- Add the oats and coconut to a high-powered blender or food processor and process until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add this to a medium sized bowl with the buckwheat. Set aside.
- Next, add the remainder of the base ingredients (dates, carrot, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut oil and sea salt) to the blender and process until smooth and well combined (most of the dates should be blended in).
- Add this wet mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined into a sticky mixture. Pour into a lined loaf tin and press down and smooth out evenly. Place into the freezer while you make the icing.
For the icing:
- Blend all icing ingredients until smooth and well combined. Ensure there are no cashew lumps remaining.
- Spread this over the base evenly and return to the freezer for 3 hours. Remove and place on a chopping board. Sprinkle with some cinnamon and slice with a sharp knife warmed under hot water (shake excess water off). Allow bars to soften a little before serving and store in an airtight container in the fridge (or back in the freezer if you’re planning on keeping them for longer). Enjoy!