Overnight soaking, 5 minutes to prepare, 24-36 hours resting
This is a delicious, wholesome dairy-free yoghurt using raw cashews! It's the perfect high protein bowl of goodness to start the day.
- Cover the cashews with plenty of water and a pinch of salt. Soak overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add to a high speed blender with the cup of water, lemon juice and sweetener if using. Blend until smooth. You can add a bit more water if you prefer your ‘yogurt’ runnier.
- Thoroughly clean and sterilise a glass jar or bowl.
- Pour the contents of probiotics into the cashew (not the outside capsule). Stir in with a wooden spoon. Pour into your bowl or jar and cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm spot for 24-36hours. I leave mine next to the stove or oven.
- When ready, the yogurt will have thickened and be quite sour.
- I haven’t used any sweetener but you can add as much as you like. It will get more sour over the days. I think it is better to only add a little bit at the beginning and when ready you can add some more depending on how you use it. Just stir in some honey, rice syrup, stevia, vanilla or cinnamon to sweeten it up!
1.5 cups organic raw cashews
1 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
1-3 tbsp sweetener of choice e.g. honey, rice syrup, stevia, medjool dates
3 probiotic capsules