- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, then let them cook for about 25 minutes, until you can easily stick a knife through them. Drain them well.
- Place the potatoes in a large pan and add the garlic, turmeric, coriander, chilli, ginger, coconut milk, tomato purée and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper, then add the quinoa with a mug of just-boiled water (300ml).
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, place the lid on and allow to cook. Over the next 30 minutes, stir every 5 minutes or so to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom. (This is quite a long cooking time, but this is how long quinoa takes to cook in all these ingredients, rather than just in water.)
- Halfway through cooking, add the chickpeas. When there are just 5 minutes left, add the spinach and stir it in until it wilts.
- Once the quinoa has cooked and is fluffy, not crunchy, it’s ready.
- Serve and enjoy!