- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil.
- Adding the onion and cook until soft, then add crushed garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, water, lettuce, lemon juice and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand 5 minutes, before processing soup until smooth with a hand blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan; add coconut milk and stir over the heat until soup is hot.
- Season to taste with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with an extra drizzle of coconut milk, pepitas and coconut flakes.