1. Rinse the soaked cashews and drain well. Blend in a food processor or high powered blender together with nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth and well combined. This may take a few minutes - simply stop and scrape down the sides of the blender as you go to ensure you are blending everything in.
2. Transfer mixture onto a sheet of baking paper and roll it up to make an even shaped log. Twist the sides of the paper and tuck them underneath to hold the shape in place. If a smaller log is desired, split the mixture in half and make two separate cheese logs.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to firm up, or until ready to serve.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop the nuts, dried cranberries and rosemary and spread across a large chopping board.
5. Unwrap the cashew cheese log and roll it in the chopped ingredients to coat evenly. Press toppings into the log to fill any gaps.
6. Serve with seed crackers for a delicious and festive appetiser.