- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Roast hazelnuts on a baking tray, until lightly toasted (approx 5 mins). Rub the hazelnuts in a clean towel to remove brown skin. Allow to cool.
- Roast almonds for about 5 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds until golden. Add to cooled hazelnut and almonds.
- Lightly toast coriander and cumin until lightly browned. Once all ingredients have cooled, place them all into a food processor or coffee grinder and grind until coarse. You can also use a mortar and pestle!
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Note: the dukkah should be dry, not oily!
- To serve as a dukkah, dip fresh bread in extra virgin olive oil then dip in dukkah. Enjoy! Dukkah can also be used as a seasoning on baked fish or meats, or as a salad topping.
- Macadamia & Almond Dukkah - an easier alternative!Macadamia-Almond-Dukkah-recipe Try this combination of ingredients for a quicker dukkah, absolutely delicious! 1 cup macadamias, 1 cup blanched almonds, 1/4 cup white sesame seeds, 4Tbs garam masala, pinch himalayan rock salt, pinch ground black pepper. Use same roasting & grinding method as above!