- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the warm water with the sugar and yeast. Stir to dissolve the yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of warm water, and the olive oil, salt and vinegar.
- Beat on medium-low speed for about 2 minutes, gradually adding the flour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands, knead the dough for 3-4 minutes or until it's smooth and elastic. The dough should be slightly sticky and slowly bounces back when poked.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil – just use the same bowl you used for the dough. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with a dry towel and allow to rest in a warm place until doubled in volume - about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Gently punch the dough down and place on a lightly greased or floured counter top. Divide the dough into 2 or 3 equal pieces (depending on how thick you want your crust/how big you want your pizza).
- Roll and stretch your dough to desired size and thickness.
- Place the dough on a pizza pan or tray and allow to rest while you preheat your oven to 220C.
- Brush pizza dough lightly with olive oil and prick it all over with a fork.
- Top with your favourite toppings and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden.