- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add desiccated coconut, macadamias, almonds, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil to a Vitamix (or high powered blender). Blend until everything has combined and has begun to form a butter consistency.
- Remove 3/4’s of this white mixture from the Vitamix/blender and set aside.
- To create the "yolk", add the mango pieces to the remaining mixture in the blender and blend until combined. If you find that the mixture too wet, add more desiccated coconut.
- Using your hands, fill in a set of egg moulds with the regular vanilla mixture, leaving an indent in the centre for the mango "yolk" filling. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes on your lined tray.
- Remove from the freezer and then carefully spoon the mango mixture into the centre of the eggs. Freeze for a further 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate* and teaspoon of coconut oil together over a double boiler.
- Take the eggs out from the freezer and remove from the moulds. Dip each one into melted chocolate to coat completely and lay onto the lined baking tray. Freeze the eggs for another 20 minutes to set the chocolate coating.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
- You may add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to the mango mixture to achieve a brighter yellow for the yolk mixture.
- If you do not have an egg mould, roll the mixture into balls and push the yolk into the centre.
- * You may wish to make your own homemade chocolate rather than use the 70% organic dark chocolate drops. Use the recipe below:
Homemade Chocolate Coating:
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup organic cacao powder
Add all ingredients to a pot and gently stir over low heat until well combined.