- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a square 23cm tin with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, almond meal, ground pepitas, baking powder, bi-carb soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the almond milk, matcha powder and brown rice syrup, stirring until well combined. Remove from the heat and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Gently pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To Make the Matcha Cream: Strain and rinse the cashews. In a high-powered blender or food processor, blend all matcha cream ingredients until smooth.
- Cut four circles out of the cooled sponge. Slice each sponge into two layers. Place one layer into the base of a small cake ring. Brush with freshly brewed espresso and top with a large spoonful of matcha cream (about 1/4 cup). Place the second layer of sponge on top, brushing again with espresso and topping with matcha cream.
- Repeat layering process with remaining cakes.
- Smooth over the matcha cream tops and place in the fridge or freezer for atleast 2 hours to set. Enjoy!!