- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, oat flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir with a wooden spoon until ingredients start sticking together.
- Next line a square baking tin with parchment paper. Transfer the dough into the baking tin, press down evenly using your hands. Place baking tin in the fridge.
- Place the ingredients for the caramel into a small pot. Melt on a low-medium heat until everything is melted. Then turn up the heat slightly and bring the caramel to boil, stirring constantly so caramel doesn’t burn on the bottom. After 7-10 mins the caramel will turn golden and thicken.
- Once the caramel has thickened, let it cool for 2-5 mins.
- Then pour caramel onto the shortbread base and place it back into the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Melt the chocolate chips together with the coconut oil using the double boiler method. Pour the chocolate over the chilled caramel and place it back into the fridge for 1 hour or until set.