- Add oil, onion & garlic & cook over a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add capsicum, chill, paprika & cumin & cook for 5 mins stirring often.
- Add mince and cook until brown over a medium to high heat.
- Add stock, tomato, oregano, sugar, salt & pepper.
- Add tomato puree.
- Bring to the boil, then cover & simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve in a bowl and tope with fresh coriander & sour cream if desired. Great served with rice or corn bread.
- To make the dish vegetarian, replace the 600g of beef mince with 400g organic black beans – drained & rinsed.
- This meal can be left to simmer away for a long time, even hours and the flavour becomes more delicious the longer it cooks for. Just add extra liquid if required. It can be easily frozen.