- Put the bourghul into a bowl, cover with approximately one litre (4 cups) boiling water and leave to stand for 1-2 hours.
- Cover the chickpeas, bring to the boil and then simmer for about 45 minutes until soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Finely chop the parsley, mint onion and tomato.
- Vigorously mix together the olive oil and lemon juice, season to taste.
- Combine the Parsley, mint, onion, tomato, bourghul, chickpeas and dress with the olive oil and lemon juice dressing.
- Enjoy as a snack with Lebanese Bread, or use as an accompaniment to a main meal.
- You can experiment with this dish and vary the quantites of the ingredients to suit your own personal preferences.
- For something different, try using Organic Wholewheat Couscous or Organic Quinoa (for a gluten-free version) instead of the bourghul!