- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease or line your muffin tin or mini cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, tapioca, baking soda, salt and vanilla bean with a fork or whisk to break up any clumps.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil and maple syrup. Add vanilla extract and eggs, and whisk until creamy and combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and stir until combined into a cake batter.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop.
- For full-sized cupcakes: Bake for 11 minutes until golden.
- For mini cupcakes: Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't over bake.
- Remove from the oven when ready and let cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Soak the cashews in boiled water for 15-20 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend until well combined, adding more liquid (water/milk) if required to assist in smooth blending.
- Taste the frosting as you go and add more sweetener, lemon or vanilla etc. to your liking.
- Using a spatula or cake knife, ice the cooled cupcakes and serve!