- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, oat bran and baking soda. Whisk to combine. Add the coconut oil and honey, stirring to combine.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture onto a lined baking tray and shape into a cookie. Ensure they are equal sizes. Top with some shredded coconut and bake for 10-15 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and continue whisking until the sugar has dissolved and stiff glossy peaks form.
- Combine the coconut whipping cream and a generous pinch of salt in another bowl. Use electric whisk to whip cream into soft peaks. Add yolks to the whipped cream and fold through.
- Lightly toast the coconut flakes and once cool add them, the mesquite powder and yolk/cream mixture to the whites and briefly fold through. Let this set in the freezer for a few hours.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, spoon some of the ice cream on one cookie, sandwich with another and enjoy!