The night before
- Place the whole chicken thighs into a bowl with the lemon juice, 2 tsp garlic and 1 tbsp of garam masala. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
The next day
- Place the whole chicken thighs into the slow cooker. In a jug mix together the passata, 2 tbsp garam masala, 2 tbsp garlic, paprika, ginger and salt. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and place on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Add the butter and cream (or coconut cream and oil) and stir gently until combined.
- When you’re ready to serve I like to use two forks and gently pull apart the chicken into chunks, if it’s ready it will be so tender it falls apart easily.
- Serve with basmati rice and some naan or roti bread if you like.