- Place the beef and sweet potato into the slow cooker and add the curry paste and ginger and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes, lentils and 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
- Turn slow cooker onto low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Before serving add spinach and coconut milk to slow cooker and stir to combine, replace lid until spinach has wilted.
- Serve on it’s own, or with quinoa, rice or naan.
- Place the cumin seeds in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Blend the cumin seeds, cashews, tomato puree, fresh coriander, garlic, coconut, garam masala, ginger, ground coriander, paprika and turmeric in a blender until coarsely chopped.
- Add the oil and blend, scraping down the side of the blender occasionally, until a smooth paste forms.
To store curry paste, transfer to a clean screw-top jar, cover with a layer of oil and keep in the fridge for up to 1 month.