- Hand crush the cinnamon quills into small broken pieces.
- Add black tea, cinnamon and ginger into a heat-proof jug
- Boil 200ml spring water (90°C - 100°C)
- Pour over the ingredients and leave to infuse for 2 min.
- Add the raw sugar or honey and 1300ml of spring water (cold or room temp) to the tea.
- Slice an apple into thin half discs and add to the tea.
- Leave to infuse in the fridge for 6-8 hours (or overnight for a more intense flavour).
- To serve, pour through a strainer and garnish with fresh apple slices.