- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and either grease your mini bundt trays or line muffin trays with paper.
- Place the pitted dates in a small bowl. Add the bicarb and boiling water and set aside for 15 minutes until cooled.
- Meanwhile, mash the bananas and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and psyllium together and set aside.
- When cool, add the dates and bananas to the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth (Speed 6 for 10 seconds in thermomix).
- Add oil, sugar and eggs to the dates and blend until smooth. (Speed 4 for 10 seconds in thermomix).
- Add the flour and mix until just combined. (Speed 4 for 6 seconds in thermomix).
- Pour into trays and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 mins before removing from tray.
- To make the caramel sauce, mix together coconut milk and coconut syrup. Drizzle over puddings and enjoy!
*For a gluten-free version, replace plain flour with buckwheat flour and add 1 extra teaspoon of psyllium husks
Sticky Date, Banana and Ginger Puddings - Add 1 teaspoon of ground ginger or around 2 tablespoons of chopped crystallised ginger to the batter along with the flour
Sticky Date and Apple or Pear Puddings - Replace banana with ¾ cup pureed stewed apple or pears