- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato into small chunks. Simmer for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Put the desiccated coconut into a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until it becomes a thick, smooth paste. This should take 2-5 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder and cinnamon to the coconut and blend to combine.
- Use a fork to mash the sweet potato and measure out a cup of puree. Add to blender and blend until well combined*.
- In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler.
- Add the sweet potato mixture to the chocolate and stir until combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a lined dish, and refrigerate or freeze until firm (1-2 hours).
- Once set, cut into squares and enjoy!
*The mixture will be very thick so you will require a tamper if using a blender
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.