- Soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours prior to preparing the filling. Rinse well and drain. Note: You may wish to cook and puree your pumpkin while the cashews soak.
- Combine almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and spices in a food processor and pulse until nuts have broken up into a meal.
- Add all remaining crust ingredients. Process until well combined and you have created a chunky and sticky "dough ".
- In a springform tart pan (approx. 12 inches), firmly press the crust mixture into the bottom and around the sides, until a nice even layer has been created.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- While you are waiting for the crust to harden, start making the filling.
- Add all filling ingredients to a high-speed blender - starting with the soaked cashews first, then add in remaining ingredients. Blend until well combined and you have reached a nice, thick and creamy consistency.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into a bowl and set aside to chill in the fridge, until the crust has finished freezing.
- Once your crust is ready, pour the pumpkin mixture into the frozen tart base and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes or until the pumpkin filling is thick, creamy, and still cool - not frozen.
- Garnish with fresh cinnamon and nuts of your choice.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
- If you leave the pie out for too long at room temperature it will become soft.