- Lightly toast pepitas and sunflower seeds in a small pan on the stove over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Using a vegetable peeler, make zucchini ribbons by pressing firmly into the zucchini flesh and peeling strips. Rotate the zucchini to use all four sides, stopping when you reach the core/seeds of each zucchini.
- Place strips in a bowl and sprinkle with a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss through desired amount of pickled red onion.
- In a seperate bowl combine chickpeas with spring onions, coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
To Make the Dressing:
- Combine ginger, turmeric, honey and pickling liquid in a small bowl. Whisk through coriander, spring onion and salt. Whisk in the olive oil slowly to combine well. Shake or stir prior to serving.
- To serve, add zucchini and onions to your serving platter. Sprinkle with chickpea mixture and top with toasted seeds. Serve the dressing on the side to retain the crispness of the salad, or dress and serve immediately.
* To make Pickled Onions (optional)
- Combine rice wine vinegar, salt and coconut sugar in a glass dish with a lid. Peel and thinly slice red onion, placing in dish and fully immersing in liquid. Cover and soak overnight in refrigeration or for a minimum of 3 hours. When ready to serve, drain onions, reserving 1 tablespoon of pickling liquid for the salad dressing.