- For the Almond Feta: Soak the almonds in water overnight, or boil them in water for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse. Place the soaked almonds in a high speed blender with 150ml water, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, spices, lemon zest and apple cider vinegar.
- Dissolve the agar agar powder in 100ml warm water. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and add to the almond mixture, making sure to scrape every last bit out.
- Blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed and adding a teeny tiny bit more water if you need to.
- Line two small, rounded bowls with cheesecloth and spoon the almond mixture onto the cheesecloth, smoothing out the top with the back of a spoon. Cover the top with the edges of the cheesecloth and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Gently transfer the almond feta to the baking tray and surround with tomatoes. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes and then allow to sit for 10 minutes. If the cheese collapses a little, gently guide it back into place with the back of a tablespoon. Surround the cheese and tomatoes with sliced baguette, top with basil, and serve.
- Alternatively, serve one now and keep one for later, in an airtight vessel in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!