Nothing beats waking up in the morning and having a delicious breakfast ready and waiting! Overnight Oats can be prepped in less than 10 minutes the night before, and requires zero kitchen skills.
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup (optional)
- In a jar or container with a lid, add all of the ingredients and stir or shake to combine.
- Place in the fridge, with the lid on and leave overnight.
- Grab a spoon and dig in! Yes it is that simple.
- If you prefer warm oats, simply put in the microwave for 30 secs to heat.
Over night oats can be prepared well in advance, however we do not recommend keeping in the fridge for longer than three days as the oats will become overly soggy and mushy.
Want to mix things up? You can swap out or add in any kind of milk, fruit, nut butter or ground spice to your mixture so that you never get tired of this nutritious dish. The world is your oatmeal! Take a look at some of our suggested flavour combinations below:
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER
Add in 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of organic peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of organic cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey or maple syrup.
Before eating, add an extra swirl of peanut butter, fresh fruit and a sprinkle of organic cacao nibs on top.
ZUCCHINI, HONEY & PECAN
Zucchini oats (also known as “zoats”) are an excellent way to incorporate a green vegetable in your breakfast. You won’t even notice the taste…we promise!
Before serving top with 1 tablespoon of chopped Australian pecans and an extra drizzle of maple if desired.