ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
Flours, Meals & Baking
Herbs, Spices & Salt
ANZAC Biscuit Base:
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1 cup organic rolled oats OR quinoa flakes
¾ cup organic desiccated coconut
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
½ cup organic coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup organic raw honey OR pure maple syrup
¼ cup boiling water
1 cup dried pitted dates, soaked for 1 hour
½ cup almond butter
½ cup organic coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch Himalayan rock salt
½ cup macadamia halves
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly grease a 12-hole paddy tin.
- Place the buckwheat flour, oats, coconut, and bicarbonate soda into a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan and add the honey and hot water. Whisk to combine and then pour into the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Take tablespoons (or just less) of the mixture and roll it into a ball before flattening it into a disc and pressing it into the paddy hole.
- Once you have lined each paddy hole with the biscuit mixture, place the paddy pan into the oven and bake the bases for 10 minutes or until beginning to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the caramel, drain the soaked dates and add them to the blender with the almond butter, coconut cream, vanilla and salt. Process until completely smooth, with no lumps of date remaining.
- Once you have removed the tart shells from the oven, place the macadamias onto a baking tray and into the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown and roasted. Allow to cool before placing onto a chopping board and roughly chopping.
- Once the tart bases have cooled, spoon in about a tablespoon of the caramel to fill each one and sprinkle over the chopped macadamias. Enjoy!
Note: If you do not have a blender to make the caramel, simply simmer a can of coconut cream and ½ cup honey/maple on the stove until thickened and then stir through some sea salt and vanilla. Either version is absolutely delicious!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.