- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Grease and line a cake tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb of soda and spices into a bowl. Add almond meal, sugar, carrot, egg yolks and half the walnuts. Mix well.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk beat egg whites to form stiff peaks. Fold into carrot mixture. Pour into pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Make the frosting by beating the ricotta, lemon juice and agave syrup until combined. Stir through the coconut and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, spread the icing over. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and pomegranate seeds and serve!
* Gluten Free option Replace spelt flour with half rice flour, half buckwheat flour or any other gluten free flour option.