- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place water and chai tea leaves in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil then turn the heat off and allow the tea to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea, reserving the water. Return the water to the saucepan, add the dates and bring it to a gentle boil. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Toast the macadamia nuts in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden, fragrant and starting to brown.
- Add the buckwheat flour, almond meal, cacao powder and baking soda to a large mixing bowl. Whisk. Add the eggs, macadamia oil, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine. If the mixture is a bit dry add some of the chai infused water the dates have been soaking in, until the batter becomes smooth and thick.
- Add the soaked dates and toasted macadamias to the cake batter and stir to combine.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil if the top is browning too much.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.