- Bring red lentils and 1 cup of water to the boil in a small pot. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15minutes until lentils are cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add salsa, corn, tomatoes, both tins of beans, cooked lentils and salt.
- Place lid on the pot and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 5-8 minutes, until veggies (and lentils) are cooked.
- Turn heat off and stir baby spinach leaves through.
- Serve with coriander, avocado, lime and corn chips - or any other way you prefer!
Note: This chili will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you may store in an airtight container in the freezer for a longer time period.