- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the cashews to a food processor, then blend into a powder.
- Add the cashews to a large bowl, then mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold through the cherries and pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove and leave to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with chia jam.
Notes: Cherries are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. While fresh is best, feel free to substitute frozen in this recipe when they are out of season. You can also try other small fruits, such as strawberries or blueberries – whatever you can lay your hands on so that you don’t miss out on these! Studies show a high intake of berries (and their antioxidants) have a beneficial effect on cardiovascular health.