- Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak for 12-24 hours. TIP: the longer the soaking time the creamier your milk will taste.
- Drain & rinse the almonds until the water runs clear.
- Place the soaked almonds in a high-powered blender or Thermomix with the water and optional sweetener/spices.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until the nuts are completely blitzed and the mixture is creamy.
- Place your nut milk bag over a large jug or bowl, and pour in the blended almonds. Squeeze almond milk through the nut milk bag until all liquid is separated from the pulp.
- Discard the pulp or use in baking. Store your milk in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy your fresh milk!
Other Plant-Based Milk Options
- Cashew, Hazelnut or Brazil Nut Milk: use 1 cup of desired organic nut (soaked) in place of the almonds.
- Oat Milk: use 1 cup organic steel-cut oats (soaked) in place of the nuts.
- Rice Milk: use 1 cup cooked organic brown rice in place of the nuts.
- Quinoa Milk: use 1 cup cooked organic quinoa in place of the nuts.
- Pepita/Pumpkin Seed Milk: use 1 cup organic pepitas (soaked) in place of the nuts.
- Flax/Linseed Milk: use 1/2 cup organic linseeds (not soaked) in place of the nuts.
- Soy Milk: use 1 cup organic soy beans (soaked) in place of the nuts - remove outer skins before blending with water.