- Preheat oven to 170°C, then line a baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the pepitas across the tray evenly.
- Give the pepitas a good coating with tamari and place in the oven to roast for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Remove the stem and any hard bits from kale leaves and give them a good wash to remove any excess dirt in the leaves.
- Roughly chop the washed kale into pieces, set aside, and then dice the cucumbers.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until it reaches a smooth creamy consistency. (If too thick, add a little more juice or water until you have a runny dressing)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the kale and majority of the dressing, give the kale a nice massage with clean hands, the acid in the dressing will help break down the natural enzymes in the kale which makes it easier to digest and also absorb the flavour.
- Once thoroughly coated in dressing, transfer the kale to a large serving dish.
- Top with the cucumber and pomegranate seeds, and sprinkle of the roasted tamari pepitas for added texture and protein!
- Serve as a perfect healthy Christmas or Summer salad!