- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line 12 muffin tins with large muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, coconut flour, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, butter (or ghee/oil) and eggs and mix well.
- Now add the apple and sultanas. Mix again until it forms a dough.
- Once the mixture is all combined, roll into 12 even balls.
- Place them into the muffin cases and press down a little.
For the Crosses
- Place flours in a small bowl and gradually mix with a little water, until a thick white paste forms.
- Put the paste into a piping bag, and pipe a cross onto the top of each bun.
- Now place the buns into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve without the muffin cases (so they look more bun-like), warmed and with more butter. Yum.