- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Sift both flours and add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in cranberries and pistachios.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface then knead gently to form a soft ball.
- Cut in half and roll each ball into a smooth log.
- Wrap in waxed lunch wrap or glad wrap & refrigerate for 30 mins. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Using a sharp knife cut logs into 1cm thick rounds & place on an oven tray.
- Bake for 20 mins or until cooked.
- Cool on tray for 5 mins before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Notes: Rapadura sugar may be used instead of castor sugar. If you have a food processor you may like to grind it into finer particles before you start. You will need to cream the butter and rapadura for about twice as long.