- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the onion and oil and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, chilli, pepper, celery, fresh tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, stock and lentils, stir well to combine, then bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chickpeas
- Portion into bowls, sprinkle with lots of fresh coriander and serve.