- Preheat the oven to 170C. Prepare a large baking tray.
- Strain the cooked tinned lentils through a sieve, rinse with fresh water and then drain well.
- In a saucepan, add the oil and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened and is translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add the cooked lentils and all the remaining ‘meatball’ ingredients to the food processor. Pulse until lentils form a chunky dough that can be formed into balls.
- Form 3-4cm balls with the lentil dough (approximately 20) and arrange on your baking tray. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until browned on the outside.
- To make the curry sauce: add the olive oil, diced onion and capsicum to a skillet or pan. Saute for 3-4 minutes until onion and capsicum are tender. Add the curry paste, ginger, tamari, and coconut milk. Stir well to combine. Stir in the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Add the meatballs and gently stir to coat with sauce. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until meatballs have heated through.
- Serve over cooked white or brown rice then top with chopped coriander and chopped organic cashews.