- Whisk the raw honey, mirin, tamari, rice vinegar and sesame oil together in a bowl to create the sauce.
- Add the chicken strips to a large bowl with minced garlic and ¼ cup of the sauce mix.
- Stir to combine the sauce and garlic over the chicken. Leave at room temperature on the counter to marinate while making the glaze. (If you are not going to cook the chicken right away, transfer to refrigerator for up to 1 day to marinate).
- Add remaining sauce to a medium-sized pan. Turn heat to medium-high and allow to cook and reduce by half until slightly thickened (but not quite syrupy) - about 8 to 10 minutes. You want the sauce to be thick enough to glaze over the chicken and not be too runny. Set aside.
- Heat oven grill to medium-high. Line a large tray with foil or baking paper and lay the chicken strips evenly.
- Cook chicken uncovered for about 4-6 minutes, until no longer pink on that side.
- Flip chicken strips over and baste the top side with your glaze. Keep grilling until chicken is cooked through. At the end of cooking, turn the chicken back over and brush with more glaze so it is coated on both sides before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine sesame seeds, chives, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Serve the chicken with turmeric rice, steamed green vegetables and sprinkled with coriander leaves. Enjoy!